Dedicated to Serving Others in Greater Portland.
The Salvation Army is global. And, The Salvation Army is local. As a faith-based organization The Salvation Army's message is based on the Bible and its mission is to meet human needs without discrimination. As a local organization The Salvation Army works every day within Portland communities to provide tangible assistance through programs with a dedicated staff and committed volunteers. Our programs are not generic in that one size fits all but is flexible to provide the right assistance needed at the right time to the right people. The Salvation Army provides for the basic needs, such as food, clothing and shelter. Beyond those basic needs The Salvation Army invests its time in the human spirit by offering counseling, education programs, recovery/support programs, and spiritual support.
Here's just a few of the things we're doing around the world and in Greater Portland!
- Providing shelter to parents and their children.
- Responding to disasters by supplying food, shelter and medical care.
- Supplying food pantries and providing weekly meals to those in need
- Providing life skills classes to help people overcome life’s challenges
- Hosting after-school programs like music lessons and character building programs